About Me

My photo
I am living and working in Downeast, Maine. This is an isolated place still in need of good internet services, good coffee and good company.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

PE6_ExamView_EnVisions MATH

Ciao! Now here's something new from Ann Cannizzaro.

PE6_Exam View_EnVisions MATH

For more practical experience with the online tools available with our new math series, I decided to check out the test-making tool.  It is really pretty slick!  You can have a test made automatically from a bank of questions, and you can modify that test afterwards to suit your classroom situation.  Multiple versions of the test can be easily generated and printed or saved for continued use over time.  I typed in a name for the test, and I plugged in the current topic of study.  I was prompted to choose questions from a question bank that correlated to my State’s standards.  Then, you just type in the number and types of questions you want and VOILA!  A new test is generated.  It’s pretty neat.  You could make practice tests and make-up tests for students that have the same content but different problems.

The tutorials for this software are simple to follow and very comprehensive!


I think our upper level elementary teachers would like this component because they would like to have the multiple versions of a test available to avoid the problem of students trying to copy other students in a crowded classroom.  I also think that having practice tests made for students is a great way to help struggling students that is so easy to provide with this ExamView software.  This will definitely be a selling point for some teachers to go ahead and access the online tools available to them!

I am setting up my class roster and will start using this software so I can have a true feel for its usefulness.  Before the end of the year, I will plan a presentation to share my findings and experience with my colleagues.  Perhaps by next year, all of us may be using the online tools provided with Envisions Math.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao! Ann Cannizzaro would appreciate your comments!: