About Me

My photo
I am living and working in Downeast, Maine. This is an isolated place still in need of good internet services, good coffee and good company.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE3_Adobe Illustrator

Ciao! Now here's something new from Ann Cannizzaro.

Okay, I watched a different set of instructional videos that were much easier for me to follow. They were also at Lynda.com, yet with a different instructor. Perhaps they were more appropriate for a beginner like me. 

First, I learned a lot of new vocabulary. This is like learning a new language to a degree. I stuck with it and I learned about vector graphics, flex-skins, anchor points, paths, and panels. There is a lot to know in order to begin a project and have the tools do what you expect them to. 

I learned how to begin a drawing from scratch. I learned how to use paths for designing and to incorporate them as a design element. I used the pen tool to create some free hand flow in my design. I used some interesting fill and gradient combinations to add color to my piece. I finally did figure out how to use the type tool, and was able to initial my work. 

The more I explored with the tools actually working, the more I was inclined to keep going and try more effects. Some of them I controlled, and with others, I just saw what happened on the screen. The process of creating started to feel like the doodling I do in the margins of my notebooks. The more involved I got, the more free flowing my designs came out. 

I know that I will return to this program again. It did help to have someone explain the startup process. The buttons and things still do not feel intuitive, but they are starting to feel more familiar. I hope you like my creation! I think I’ll call it “Zebresque 1”. That’s all for now….ENJOY!
"Zebresque 1"

1 comment:

  1. Reply to your comment about Tatooine:

    It is funny. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Ciao! Ann Cannizzaro would appreciate your comments!: