About Me

My photo
I am living and working in Downeast, Maine. This is an isolated place still in need of good internet services, good coffee and good company.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Wk1_Blog: My Response to Jana Claybrook

Ciao! Now here's something new from Ann Cannizzaro


Here I am responding to Jana with regards to copyright.  First is her comment, and my reply follows.Wk1 Reading Copyright

The copyright videos were interesting and a little overwhelming. I was totally oblivious to the depth of the piracy on media. The film “Good Copy/Bad Copy” opened my eyes to the extent of the piracy not only on music but on the motion picture industry as well. I have always wondered about those advertisements at the beginning of DVD’s about piracy being against the law. I guess I thought it was geared more towards big time offenders than just everyday people. 

This program at Full Sail has certainly heightened my awareness of copyright issues. I have on numerous occasions searched for copyright free images and have been disappointed when I open the image.  Most images appear with the statement “This image may be subject to copyright”.  
 What does that really mean?  Where can I find material?
As I am immersed into the legal and illegal aspects of copyrighting this month, I hope to gain the necessary information to better educate my students.
We must prepare our students for success in the future by urging them to create original work and educating them on the laws of copyrighting. 
Jana Claybrook

My response to Jana:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao! Ann Cannizzaro would appreciate your comments!: